Wednesday, February 14, 2007

valentines day in japan... so far

so i:m at my biggest, busiest elementary school today (the one i loathe), and so far a couple of things have struck me:

- so during class, i:m teaching them how to make this valentines card mailbox which requires some tricky weaving of paper. for the nation that gave birth to origami, these kids are pretty slow when it comes to the concept of slip the paper INSIDE the other one, not lay it on TOP of the other. *sigh*. so long as they:re being quiet and i dont have to talk much, whatever.

- i just had one of the most bomb ass chocolates of my life, and it was made by a teacher. think of a bar of rich milk chocolate, and mix it with a brownie, and you have a soft, yet delectable piece of chocolate. i really regretted not janken-ing (row-sham-bow) for more.

- by far the randomest thing to happen to me today: at the end of lunch, one of the 4th graders comes up to me and shows me a ball of tissue in his hand and says, "Evelyn-sensei. My tooth fell out."

??!!!???!!

WOW. that:s soooo romantic, kid.

No comments: