Friday, August 18, 2006

New cellphone!

I finally got a cellphone! woohoo! among multiple obstacles in my way from getting a cellphone, i finally got my gaijin card (alien registration card) today, which inspired my boss to call me at 12 today and ask me to go into work at 1. s'll good though; i haven't been doing any real work. plus, i got my card AND managed to get my cellphone all in one day. excellent!

For those of you in Japan and ever feel moved to text or call me, here's my info:
Cellphone #: 080-1766-2278
Cellphone email address: ebechan.tsushima@docomo.ne.jp
Home phone: 0920-52-0137

And unlike my prepaid phone from last year, it looks like i'll be able to receive messages from gmail. sweet! So i'm super in love with my phone because i dished out quite a bit of money to get it, but i think it's worth it to be able to return home with a phone that america probably won't see for another 5 years. Look how pretty it is here! =)

My poor boss... He's had to fill out so many applications for me that by now, he's memorized my birthday and home phone haha. We were going to open up a bank account for me this afternoon since i had my gaijin card, but alas, it being japan and rural japan for that matter, the bank had already closed (dude -- banks close everyday at 3pm. 3!! wth?!). when we talked to the bank though, they handed him a flyer that said the exceptions to making a password for withdrawing money out of the atm. it said basically no using my home address, birthday, etc. But, as my boss can't speak English for the life of him (the only english i've heard out of him has been "Thank you," but even then, it was more like "san-kyuu"), he was trying to explain this as simply as possible in japanese. So, he said, "These are numbers you can't use. For example, you can't use 1117 because that's your birthday." When he said that, i tried so hard not to laugh. I can only imagine all the bs paperwork he's had to fill out for me.

Looks like from tomorrow on out i'll begin doing real work. i have to go in early to meet 13 principals out of the 15 schools i'll be working at. *yikes* looks like i'll be getting up early to practice my self-introduction. always a fun time practicing groveling! ;D

Oyasumi!

--Evelyn

1 comment:

MasterCKO said...

your phone is hotness.