Tuesday, October 30, 2007

halloween(s)

sorry for the delay! as promised, my Chun-Li pictures! f(^_^;)



a triumphant moment: when it all was finally DONE



at my first of 6 Halloween parties... here's me and one of my favorite teachers, who i used to play badminton with every week



at party #3: Nishi Elementary School. check out my ghetto-rigged spikes!!


^^me trying to capture the impossible: a giant red apple hanging on a string



party #4: for the kids of my town. like last year, this is the first time all 8 of us are in the same place at the same time. historical, really. featured here are: Chun-Li, Waldo, a pirate, Anpanman, a mummy, 2 obachans, and Dracula.

so during this party, kids get a map and set off on what can only really be described as a scavenger hunt, but instead of finding objects, they're looking for people with bags of candy. all they have to do is say "Trick-or-Treat", and candy is as good as theirs.


here are some of the many cute kids that visited my post. please note: the Cinderella and Belle-like costumes were made by the SAME mother out of GARBAGE BAGS. incredible.

despite making a lot of kids happy that day, i have to say i look back on this experience rather unfondly.... i dont know if you can tell, but just to the left of where this picture was taken is the main road, which means EVERYONE passes through here, which also meant a LOT of people saw me in my chun-li outfit... including a lot of middle-aged men driving solo who slowed their cars down, gave me one long look, then suddenly had this sketchy look come across their faces.... *gross*. not to mention all the obachans who walked by and gave me this look like, "what's a prostitute doing in the middle of the morning in the middle of town?"

**sigh**


and finally, here's brian! as always, he was looking for a random adventure in japan, so he figured, why not go to an island right near korea? =P thanks again for coming out here! you're one of the few and the brave (^ ^)v

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Chun-Li pics... thx for the shoutout. Tsushima was awesome haha.