Monday, June 25, 2007

pictures from the last few months (whoops)

i know, i know... my pics are waaaaay overdue, but alas, here they are!


the past few months have included quite a few outdoor adventures. here's one of them. this is the view from the top of Mt. Joyama -- by far, my favorite mountaintop. it's got a great view over the rias and all the small islands in Mitsushima.


me at the top of Joyama


this is the top of Mt. Shiratake, by far the most difficult climb so far (for me at least). it's known for being a fertility mountain. there's a saying that whoever goes to the top will have a male child within a year. *looking around*. here's hoping that's false. also, the reason why it's a fertility mountain is because, well, look closely.... this view is the "female" part...


...and this is aaron on top of the "male" part. can you see it? =P


the view from the top is nothing but rolling hills in every direction... sooo cool.


at the top of shiratake


the waterfall at the base of shiratake. nice, eh?


so in attempt to keep ourselves unbored, rob and i got a 1000 piece puzzle back in october that we worked on verrry slowly at his place. basically, each time i went up north (which wasn't often), i'd stay the night and we'd work on it all weekend. finally, after about 6 months of turtle-pace assemblage and seemingly 500 pieces of cloudless sky, our masterpiece is finally complete. i can also honestly say that every Tsushima ALT contributed it to it too. thank you everyone!


after being fed up with replacing tortillas with naan bread, aaron and i finally decided to make flour tortillas. the last time we made them, we fed glorious mexican food to a party of 7. needless to say, it was amazing, as mexican food always is (especially when it's homemade ;D). check out the recipes here.

at the end of may, i went to kobe for the recontracting conference. but beforehand, i was sure to visit my host family in kyoto. first stop: the hospital to visit my host sister (sayoko) and her newborn baby. in this picture: me, Ayasa (in the red... Sayoko's oldest child. she was born while i lived with my host family), Yasuyo (married to my host parent's son), Hiroto? (Yasuyo's baby boy, kid #2), Sayoko, Tatsuki (Sayoko's baby boy, kid #2), and Atsushi (Sayoko's husband).


baby boy cousins: Hiroto (i think...) and Tatsuki. in this picture, they're 2 days and 3 days old, respectively.


proud mothers and their baby boys


me and ayasa... how she's grown since being a newborn baby... haha


the hospital visit was followed up by going back to the home i know so well. here: my host mom, their current student (Emily), and her brother (John, who happened to be in town the same day as me). needless to say, there was a big, delicious feast.


me, my host dad, my host parents' son (Junpei), and Haruto (Junpei and Yasuyo's oldest son). This was my first time meeting Haruto, as i only knew him as the baby that Yasuyo was pregnant with during my stay as a student.


the following day was none other than.... a Hanshin Tigers game!!! here's my main man, Akahoshi, in an action pose! this is by far, the closest i've ever been to him...


...although regrettably, my seat was much closer to Hiyama. they lost horribly, but it was nice to see a home game after following them so many nights senior year.... 4am trudging through a bio pset, and refreshing the website every 2 minutes to see how the live game was going.... never again.


akahoshi up at bat!!!!


after months of waiting, i FINALLY got to wear my Akahoshi jersey! and of course, aaron sported his Hanshin colors with a Kanemoto jersey.


during my last night in kobe, i got in contact with 2 of my favorite former SJECers. together with rob, we chatted and drank the night away. here: mutsumi, me, and miki (aka mikiti). both are SJEC alumni from my junior year.


and last but not least, my nephew, Alexander!!! granted, i have yet to meet him, but isn't he darling??

those are all the pictures i've got for you guys for now... *phew*. i feel tons better now =)

No comments: